Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Getting Motivated

My motivation has been building up over time. I recently stepped out of my comfort zone in business and went into sales. Not knowing much about what made a successful salesman I started to educate myself. I went to trade shows, read publications, attended lectures, and started networking.

The first real kick in the pants come from reading Entrepreneur & INC magazines. I read all of these success stories some of which were from companies and products I thought were stupid. They all had two things in common; Drive and Passion. I decided to educate myself on every aspect of business I came into contact with.

My company was spending allot of money on graphic designers, the worst part was the amount of time and lack of progress we were paying for. If I could come up with visual example of what we wanted it would save all the time it took for the designers interpretation. So I taught myself Illustrator CS4. This has been a big step. I instantly cut time and costs down with our work with designers. Also I noticed that since my creative juices were flowing steadily I was actually coming up more product ideas. I now have more value to my clients I represent as well as the retail buyers I am selling to.

No comments:

Post a Comment