Wednesday, June 23, 2010

immersing myself in social media

I have continued to join network after network, downloaded SM apps to my Iphone (Cant wait to get my new iphone 4 tomorrow ). I now belong to 12 of the most common Social Media networks. Im not using most of them right now. Really im just posting on Facebook, some mild Tweeting and Blogging almost daily. This is all part of my plan to fully immerse myself in Social Media. Once I get more comfortable with what Im doing and the message im conveying I plan on Podcasting and Video blogging as well, but for now Ill stick to what I know. I have recently signed up for a tweet-up. This is a SM networking party designed to get the word out about products, services, events, and people. Im attending both as a sponsor and a guest. For a 100.00 my product will go into 120 gift bags that each guest will receive. These guests will tweet about the items they receive. This is also a good opportunity to extend my social network. If I were to organize a a market research group of about 25-100 people it would cost me a minimum of 5,000. Im getting more peoples opinion on my product and they are even advertising it for me. Not to mention instead of a boring conference room with a double mirror, its actually more of a party atmosphere. People in their environment expressing opinions and exchanging ideas.

Im going to attempt to inset links into my posts so you may find it easier to follow.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.thelocaltourist.com/events/grant-parkmuseum-campus/tltweetup

    ReplyDelete